ShareThis

Friday, March 09, 2007

Fridays with Kathy Troccoli -- Starting out (part III)

NASHVILLE (W.) March 9, 2007 -- When Kathy Troccoli started recording Christian music, at 22, she didn't know where her place in Christian music would be.

The industry, still in its infancy at the time, didn't quite know either. Now, 25 years later, with 17 No. 1 songs on the Christian radio charts, 19 Dove Award nominations, three Grammy nominations, five songs hitting the top 10 mainstream radio charts, it's fairly obvious.

"I'm not sure at the time, and it's nobody's fault, not even my own," she told WordNews.org. "I meet the Lord. I have such a radical falling in love, not knowing I didn't have Him. And here I am a club singer. What do you do with this torch singer. ... It was a process of finding myself."

To read more, visit WordNews.org